- Scholarship based. Talent is the only criteria to select participants. Participants accepted are admitted on full scholarship - find details under Apply.
- Strong Performance Focus. Frequent public performance opportunities raise participant's confidence level. Participants should expect to perform in at least four concerts and as many as eight over the course of the festival. These include at least 3 solo performances (assuming participation in the Concerto Competition), a chamber music performance, and the String Orchestra Concert (string players only). There may be additional opportunities for participants to perform in additional outreach performances in the community and/or the Highlights Concert at the end of the program.
- Private lessons and master classes on the participant’s principal instrument with distinguished international teachers and performing artists.
- Chamber music coaching and performance in a chamber ensemble with colleagues from around the world.
- Concerto competition offering cash awards to assist young artists with further study.
- String Orchestra. Emphasizing collaborative performance skills through the performance of iconic traditional repertoire as well as commissioning and performing new music. Morningside Music Bridge is committed to vitalizing the art form and facilitating the celebration of great works from all eras.
A strong sense of camaraderie developed through the experience of living, working and performing with participants from different countries. This is the basis of future networking opportunities in the truly international music profession.
Involving distinguished alumni as performers and teachers inspires Morningside Music Bridge participants to see what their future could hold.
Resident Artists Concerts featuring world class performers.
All participants must attend for the full duration of the program. Participants are encourage to reside on-campus - see details regarding accommodation. Recreational day trips will include experiencing Boston's rich history and sights.