MMB 2023: Online application opens November 15, 2022
Deadline to apply: January 15, 2023 (Mountain Standard Time)
Morningside Music Bridge (MMB) invites violinists, violists, cellists and pianists between the ages of 12 and 18 for a unique scholarship learning experience. Students from all countries are eligible and considered on an equal basis. Acceptance to the program is based strictly on musical talent.
Carefully review the eligibility and application requirements.
All interested applicants must submit an online application, including all requirements listed below, through Acceptd Inc (external audition website) by the deadline date.
In order to be considered to the Morningside Music Bridge program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 18 as of the first day of the program
- Be available to attend for the entire duration of the program.
Application deadline: Completed electronic application and materials must be received by January 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. MST.
Please submit the requirements listed with your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Admissions decisions are made based solely on your video submissions. Repertoire choices should show the applicants range technically and musically.
Each submission must be clearly labelled with the name of the applicant and of the performing piece.
- Complete Classical Sonata (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven or Schubert)
- Two contrasting works* by different composers of the candidate’s choice from the standard Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th or 21st Century repertoire. One movement is sufficient if the work is multi-movement. Solo works only, concerted works not permitted.
- One movement of a standard classical, romantic or contemporary concerto
- Two contrasting works* by different composers of the candidate's choice from the standard Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th or 21st Century Repertoire. One movement is sufficient if the work is multi-movement.
* Your two works should be contrasting styles i.e. if your concerto is a virtuoso Romantic work, then the other two might be a Baroque and a modern work. Or a classical and a 20th century work.
For Strings Applicants: selections may be played with or without accompaniment.
Residency for young creators
If you are looking for information on how to apply for the Morningside Music Bridge Creative Residency, please click HERE.
*Note: The Creative Residency is a separate application from the Morningside Music Bridge summer training festival.